The 2018 SCA Competition Calendar has been finalised
Dates and locations for the 2018 Sporting Clays Australia shoot calendar are set. Members can nominate online for the following events:
- FITASC Australian Grand Prix – Rocky Gully Sporting Clays, South Australia – 10th & 11th March
- SCA English Sporting Nationals – Australian Sporting Clays Sydney, New South Wales – 5th & 6th May
- SCA Compak Nationals – Brisbane Sporting Clays, Queensland – 9th & 10th June
- SCA Australian Sporting Clay Nationals – Laang Sporting Clays, Victoria – 16th – 18th November
New categories/age groups will be introduced for 2018 based on the reviewed FITASC system, which will come into effect on 1 January 2018. Please read the information below before processing your nomination to ensure you are entering the correct category.
NEW CATEGORIES AND MINIMUM COMPETITOR NUMBERS FOR PRIZES
FITASC has reviewed their competition categories and from 1 January 2018, the following categories will be applicable at all FITASC international events and SCA National competitions:
Junior up to and including the age of 20 (you cannot shoot in the Junior category in the calendar year you turn 21 years old)
Man in the year of their 21st birthday to 55 years
Senior in the year of their 56th birthday to 65 years
Veteran in the year of their 66th birthday to 73 years
Master in the year of their 74th birthday and above.
• The Master category will be available to shooters who are 74 years of age on the 1st of January in the year of the competition. There will be no team events in the Master category at FITASC events, only individuals.
• It is not compulsory for the Master category to be included at SCA events. We will include the category at the Australian Prix and the Sporting Nationals. Veteran will be the last category (by age) for the Compak Nationals and English Sporting Nationals.
• SCA will still recognise our Sub Junior category for all events except the Australian Grand Prix, which is a FITASC event. The following age restrictions will apply:
SUB-JUNIORS Competitors may shoot in this category up to and including the calendar year they turn 16 i.e. you cannot shoot in the Sub Junior category in the calendar year you turn 17 years old.
JUNIORS Competitors may shoot in this category from the calendar year they turn 17 up to and including the age of 20 i.e. you cannot shoot in the Junior category in the calendar year you turn 21 years old.
• These changes do not affect the membership categories established at each club.
The following indicates how many competitors are required for places to be paid out for prizes in any Grade or Category.
• For 3 places – Gold – Silver – Bronze – 7 competitors minimum
• For 2 places – Gold – Silver – 5 competitors minimum
• For 1 place – Gold – 3 competitors minimum